Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) + AED Refresher
This course is accredited by SRFAC and aims to provide participants with knowledge & techniques to recognise and mitigate cardiac arrest and choking in adults and infants. This course will also provide you with the knowledge and skills on how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on an adult casualty.
Participants are required to have a valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) + AED Certificate to be able to participate in this refresher course.
- Parents who are keen on learning infant and children resuscitation
- Healthcare Professionals
- Individual who are interested to become BCLS + AED Instructor
- The Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED (BCLS + AED) course is a mandatory training course for BCLS + AED instructors-trainers. They have to attain the BCLS + AED certificate before they are eligible for instructor-trainer.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively as our courses are conducted in English.
- No history of underlying medical heart and lung conditions.
- Physically fit with no pre-existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joints injury.
- Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons.
- Participants are required to have a valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) + AED Certificate to be able to participate in the course.
- Recognizing and managing heart attack
- Understanding the chain of survival
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an adult victim
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an infant victim
- Use of automated external defibrillator on an adult victim
- Recognizing and managing an adult choking victim
- Recognizing and managing an infant victim
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Adult Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Child Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Infant Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Rehau Building 1
King George’s Avenue
Each learner will be assessed based on their competencies in 2 key components: theory and practice.
Upon completing the basic cardiac life support + aed course, learners will be awarded with a certificate to recognise their competencies
Popular FIRST AID Course
Basic First Aid + AED
CHILD FIRST AID (CFA)
OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID + AED
Standard first aid + aed
The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment