Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) + AED
This course is accredited by SRFAC and aims to provide participants with knowledge & techniques to recognise and mitigate cardiac arrest and choking in adults and infants. This course will also provide you with the knowledge and skills on how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on an adult casualty.
View Available Dates :
Eligible for Claim Period
15 Sep 2021 to 16 Apr 2023
1 Day (8 hours)
Training Grant Available
Mode of Training
You should attend if you are:
- Parents who are keen on learning infant and children resuscitation
- Healthcare Professionals
- Individual who are interested to become BCLS + AED Instructor
The Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED (BCLS + AED) course is a mandatory training course for BCLS + AED instructors-trainers. They have to attain the BCLS + AED certificate before they are eligible for instructor-trainer.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively as our courses are conducted in English.
- No history of underlying medical heart and lung conditions
- Physically fit with no pre existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joints injury.
- Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons.
This course aims to provide relevant knowledge and skills on CPR and relief of relief of foreign body airway obstruction in a conscious and unconscious infant and adult casualties. This course will also provide you with the knowledge and skills on how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on an adult casualty.
- Recognizing and managing heart attack
- Understanding the chain of survival
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an adult victim
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an infant victim
- Use of automated external defibrillator on an adult victim
- Recognizing and managing an adult choking victim
- Recognizing and managing an infant victim
- Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Adult Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Child Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Infant Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Application of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Who is eligible?
Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) above the age of 21 are eligible for SSG funding. The funding amount is between 50-70% of course fees, depending on age.
Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) above the age of 21 are eligible for SSG funding. The trainee must be under the company payroll. The funding amount is between 50-70% of course fees, depending on age and company profile.
Trainee has to fulfill the following criterias to successfully received the funding. Otherwise, Medlink Healthcare Group reserve the right to claw back the funded amount from trainee / company if trainee did not meet the funding criteria.
- Trainee must achieve at least 75% attendance
- Trainee must pass all assessments and attain 100% competency
How Does It Work?
1. Register for the course by clicking on the available date
2. Fill up the application and checked on the box “Are you applying for grant” (the checkbox will only appear after you select NRIC for ID)
3. Wait for an email from MHG informing you of the funding outcome and balance payable. You will receive this email between 1-2 working days from date of application.
4. Singaporeans can use their Skillsfuture Credits to make payment for the balance payable.
How Much Funding Will I Receive?
The following is an estimation of the grant amount, based on the prevailing grant calculator provided by TPG. The funding amounts are subject to change, and terms and conditions apply.
Course Fee before
SSG Funding Amount
Balance Payable by Skillsfuture Credit / Cash
(inclusive of GST)
Singapore Citizen / PR aged 21 years and above
Singapore Citizen aged 40 years and above
SME / Singapore Citizen aged 40 years and above
Rehau Building 1
King George’s Avenue
Each learner will be assessed based on their competencies in 2 key components: theory and practice.
Upon completing the basic cardiac life support + aed course, learners will be awarded with a certificate to recognise their competencies
Popular FIRST AID Course
Basic First Aid + AED
CHILD FIRST AID (CFA)
OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID + AED
Standard first aid + aed
The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment