Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) + AED
This course is accredited by SRFAC and aims to provide participants with knowledge & techniques to recognise and mitigate cardiac arrest and choking in adults. This course will also provide you with the knowledge and skills on how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
Eligible for Claim Period
Training Grant Available
0.5 Days (4 hours)
Mode of Training
You should attend if you are:
- Anyone who is interested or needs to be equipped with CPR + AED skills.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively as our courses are conducted in English.
- No history of underlying medical heart and lung conditions
- Physically fit with no pre existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joints injury.
- Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons.
This course aims to provide relevant knowledge and skills on CPR and relief of relief of foreign body airway obstruction in a conscious and unconscious infant and adult casualties. This course will also provide you with the knowledge and skills on how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on an adult casualty.
- Recognising and managing heart attack.
- Understanding the chain of survival.
- Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Use of an automated external defibrillator.
- Chain of Survival
- Signs and symptoms of heart attack
- Signs and symptoms of a cardiac arrest
- How to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- How to use Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Rehau Building 1
King George’s Avenue
Each learner will be assessed based on their competencies in 2 key components: theory and practice.
(2 attempts allowed)
This assessment is a multiple choice questions. The questions are broken down into:
- CPR (Hands Only)
(3 attempts allowed)
For practical assessment, learners will undergo scenario-based tests. This is to ensure that they are able to carry out the necessary first-aid steps across multiple medical emergency scenarios.
In order to pass the practical assessment, 100% score is required.
100% course attendance is required to be eligible for assessment.
Upon successfully completing the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation course, learners will be awarded with a certificate to recognise their competencies.
This course is accredited by the SRFAC. The certification is valid for 2 years. Results will be released on the day of training or after 2 working days after the course ends. A pass (credit card size) of achievement will be issued to all participants after the release of the results.
The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
Learners who fail in the practical assessment will have to retake both the theory and practical assessments.
Anyone who is interested or needs to be equipped with CPR + AED skills and knowledge can attend the course.
According to SRFAC, the class size will be capped at 16 learners per class. Whereas for practical sessions involving CPR and AED topics, the Instructor-to-Manikin-to-Learner ratio is 1:1:4.
The certificate is valid for 2 years. To renew your certification, you will need to attend a refresher course 3 months before or after expiry of certificate. If your certification has lapsed more than 3 months from expiry, you will need to restart the certification process.
In general, each learner can complete the course in 0.5 day (4 hours).