Occupational First Aid (OFA) + AED Refresher
This course will equip participants with the practical and theoretical knowledge to handle emergencies at the workplace. Upon the completion of this course, participants will be qualified in accordance to Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) first aid regulations.
Course participants will be trained in identifying and managing the following
- Essentials of First Aid
- Principles & Practice of First Aid
- Management of Medical Emergencies
- Unconscious Patient
- Breathing Difficulties
- Wounds, Bleeding, and Shock
- Burn Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Injuries (Fractures and Soft Tissue Injuries)
- Occupational Eye Injuries
- Other First Aid Knowledge
- Handling and Transport of the Injured
- CPR (Hands only) + AED
- First Aid Requirements in Factories and Other Workplaces
- Industrial Toxicology
- Safety & Accident Prevention
- Participants are required to submit their passport-sized photo (.jpeg) in digital format upon receiving the confirmation e-mail.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand basic English, equivalent to the ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 5 and above standards.
- No history of underlying medical heart and lung conditions.
- Must be physically fit with no pre-existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joints injury. Please consult your doctor before attending the course.
- Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor.
Eligible for Claim Period
01 Jan 2019 - 03 Oct 2020
Training Grant Available
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) CRS-N-0045184
Days (16 hours)
Mode of Training
Min. Qualification Required
Operational, Managerial & Supervisory