Occupational First Aid (OFA) + AED
This course aims to provide participants with knowledge & techniques to recognise and mitigate injuries and medical emergencies. Participants will also learn to understand regulations regarding workplace safety and health.
- Recognise a medical emergency situation at a workplace
- Activate the appropriate emergency response system and follow the Emergency Action principles
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of identified emergencies, illnesses and injuries
- Perform the necessary and correct First Aid treatment to a casualty based on the emergency, illness and injury
- Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for adult victims.
Course participants will be trained in identifying and managing the following
- Essentials of First Aid
- Principles & Practice of First Aid
- Management of Medical Emergencies
- Unconscious Patient
- Breathing Difficulties
- Wounds, Bleeding, and Shock
- Burn Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Injuries (Fractures and Soft Tissue Injuries)
- Occupational Eye Injuries
- Other First Aid Knowledge
- Handling and Transport of the Injured
- CPR (Hands only) + AED
- First Aid Requirements in Factories and Other Workplaces
- Industrial Toxicology
- Safety & Accident Prevention
- Participants are required to submit their passport-sized photo (.jpeg) in digital format upon receiving the confirmation e-mail.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand basic English, equivalent to the ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 5 and above standards.
- No history of underlying medical heart and lung conditions.
- Must be physically fit with no pre-existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joints injury. Please consult your doctor before attending the course.
- Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons. In case of doubt, please consult your doctor.
Eligible for Claim Period
01 Jan 2019 - 03 Oct 2020
Training Grant Available
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) CRS-N-0051011
3 Days (24 hours)
Mode of Training
Min. Qualification Required