Occupational First Aid (OFA) + AED Course
Occupational First Aid course aims to provide participants with knowledge and techniques to recognise and mitigate injuries and medical emergencies in the workplace. Participants will also learn to understand regulations regarding workplace safety and health.
The course is a requirement for all Appointed First Aiders to fulfil the Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulation in their workplace.CPR + AED Module is included in this course.
You should attend if you are:
- Safety Officers
- Laboratory technicians
- Workers who operate with heavy machinery
- Occupational First Aiders
Under the Workplace Safety and Health (First-Aid) Regulations, where more than 25 persons are employed in a workplace, there shall be appointed in the workplace first raiders who shall be readily available during work hours. Such number of persons complies with the ratio of one first aider for every 100 persons employed in the workplace and part thereof.
The Occupational First Aid Course is a mandatory training course for Occupational First Aiders. The goal of this course is to train individuals to render first aid treatment to casualty during an emergency or accident at the workplace.
- Able to speak, read and understand English (equivalent to the ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 5 and above standard) effectively as our courses are conducted in English.
- No history of underlying medical heart and lung conditions
- Physically fit with no pre existing medical conditions such as knee, spinal or joints injury.
- Pregnant ladies are discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to safety reasons.
- Participants are required to submit their passport size photo (.jpeg) in digital format upon receiving the confirmation email.
This course provides the relevant knowledge and skills needed to apply first aid to adult casualty during any medical emergency that might arise and to use the Automated Defibrillator (AED) safely at workplace.
- Recognise a medical emergency situation at a workplace.
- Activate the appropriate emergency response system and follow the Emergency Action Principles.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of identified emergencies, illnesses and injuries.
- Perform the necessary and correct first aid treatment to a casualty based on the emergency, illness and injury
- Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for adult victims.
Occupational First Aid Course Content
- Essentials of First Aid
- Unconscious Casualty (Non-Cardiac Arrest)
- Respiratory Problems
- Shock, Bleeding and Wounds
- Musculoskeletal Injuries – theory
- Occupational Eye Injuries
- Other First Aid Knowledge
- CPR (Hands Only) + AED theory
- First Aid Requirements in Factories and Other Workplaces
- Industrial Toxicology
- Safety & Accident Prevention
Who is eligible?
Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) above the age of 21 are eligible for SSG funding. The funding amount is between 50-70% of course fees, depending on age.
Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PRs) above the age of 21 are eligible for SSG funding. The trainee must be under the company payroll. The funding amount is between 50-70% of course fees, depending on age and company profile.
Trainee has to fulfill the following criterias to successfully received the funding. Otherwise, Medlink Healthcare Group reserve the right to claw back the funded amount from trainee / company if trainee did not meet the funding criteria.
- Trainee must achieve at least 75% attendance
- Trainee must pass all assessments and attain 100% competency
How Does It Work?
1. Register for the course by clicking on the available date
2. Fill up the application and checked on the box “Are you applying for grant” (the checkbox will only appear after you select NRIC for ID)
3. Wait for an email from MHG informing you of the funding outcome and balance payable. You will receive this email between 1-2 working days from date of application.
4. Singaporeans can use their Skillsfuture Credits to make payment for the balance payable.
How Much Funding Will I Receive?
The following is an estimation of the grant amount, based on the prevailing grant calculator provided by TPG. The funding amounts are subject to change, and terms and conditions apply.
Course Fee before
SSG Funding Amount
Balance Payable by Skillsfuture Credit / Cash
(inclusive of GST)
Singapore Citizen / PR aged 21 years and above
Singapore Citizen aged 40 years and above
SME / Singapore Citizen aged 40 years and above
Rehau Building 1
King George’s Avenue
Each learner will be assessed based on their competencies in 2 key components: theory and practice.
GET FIRST AID CERTIFIED TODAY
Check out our available dates today.
Upon successfully completing the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation course, learners will be awarded with a certificate to recognise their competencies. This course is accredited by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The certification is valid for 2 years. Results will be released on the day of training or after 2 working days after the course ends. A pass (credit card size) of achievement will be issued to all participants after the release of the results.
Accredited by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in compliance with ISO 2990:2010 by Guardian Independent Certification (GIC)
Popular FIRST AID Course
CHILD FIRST AID (CFA)
Standard first aid + aed
Basic First Aid + AED
OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID + AED